Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chat Room To Cease Having Shows; New Fort Worth Venue In The Works


Unfortunately for the DFW music community, there won't be any more shows at the best traditional brick-and-mortar venue in the metroplex. From Ben Rogers, booking person for the Chat Room and now head of The Metrognome Collective:

In September last year, James Watkins handed control of the Metrognome Collective to me, and I'm only just now getting the wheels on it.

We've just moved into the Firehouse Gallery and had some really excellent experimental shows, great photography, and mixed media from challenging new locals. We actually broke even our first month, which is incredible to me. Staff and I are excited to see how it continues to grow. (B&W Darkroom and Photo Studio weeks away) We've already got some really cool merch from local artists in our retail shop.

Metrognome has also been supplemented by two other projects, One Hundred Second Dash and Real Vinyl, a vinyl only Fort Worth label that plans 1, maybe 3 releases by the end of '09.

For the last year and a half I've had a blast bringing music to Fort Worth, and without my chance at the Chat Room, I wouldn't have been asked to take over the Metrognome. It's very bittersweet, then that I permanently suspend all booking for the Chat Room Pub. I can only stack a plate so high....

I've got to give more to the Metrognome, as we are making plans to open yet another location, hopefully a mid-sized venue.


This is it:

Sunday, July 12th
$5
10pm
Theater Fire
Good Night and Good Morning from Illinois
TBA

Saturday, July 18th
$5
8pm
Ben Rogers Presents: My Birthday
A Metrognome Collective Benefit Show
Fight Bite
Akkolyte
Darktown Strutters
Eat Avery's Bones
The Great Tyrant
Personal Victories of George Quartz

Wednesday, July 29th
$5
9pm
Rival Gang
Orange Coax
Lychgate
Oicho Kabu (from S. Carolina)




Photo By Britt Robisheaux

No comments: