Sunday, April 19, 2009

UPDATED-- Lift To Experience's Josh Pearson to Open for My Bloody Valentine

According to Austin Music Hall's website, the critically acclaimed former Denton band Lift to Experience will be opening for My Bloody Valentine in Austin this Tuesday, April 21st, and we have heard from fairly reliable sources that they will also be opening the performance in Dallas the next evening, although we haven't received an official confirmation from the venue on that just yet. We'll let you know when we do, but if I were you, I'd go ahead and bet on it.

UPDATE: Jesse Hughey of The Dallas Observer music blog pointed out that the Austin Music Hall's website has changed the Lift to Experience listing for the MBV show to "Josh T. Pearson," presumably to reflect the fact that the group's original bassist will not be joining the other members, and will instead be replaced by the Paper Chase's Bobby Weaver. See... we aren't too proud to post a link to the Observer's site on the rare occasion that we actually learn something useful from it. Again, I guess I can't be sure that Jesse Hughey first learned of this story from reading our news section and neglected to give us credit for it... I supposed its possible that he religiously checks the Austin Music Hall's website to the point that he would notice their show listings changing within less than 12 hours....

No comments: