Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wavves, Ganglians to Play All Ages Show @ Pastime Tavern

After Wavves canceled an appearance at the SouthbySouthFlesh show at Club Dada this past March, Parade of Flesh has been able to talk 2009 Indie Brat of the Year Nathan Williams into bringing Wavves back to Dallas for an October 9th performance at Pastime Tavern with wonderful Woodsist signees Ganglians (if you haven't heard their latest, I'd highly recommend checking it out). I wonder if Wavves bro is still as cocky as he was during SXSW? It would be tough, especially after his pseudo-celeb "meltdown" and generally shitty behavior, but whatever. Despite all of it, I still like his music quite a bit, even if I wasn't able to stay up late enough to catch his SUPER late performance at HousebyHouse Fest last year, which featured probably the most impressive overall line up I've seen anywhere in the area since this blog was founded.

No comments: